In this project, I will build a 4558 IC-based bass booster circuit for low power audio amplifier. Audio without beats is impossible. To make an audio system with a bass feature ability, I introduced a bass booster circuit that gives a clear bass without any disturbance.
Bass sound is a very low-frequency sound that is generated by a low-pass filter circuit. It can block high frequency and produce low-frequency output. After going to build this circuit first we should know about the Low-Pass filter.
What is a Low Pass Filter?
A low-pass filter (LPF) circuit is a filter that passes signals with a frequency lower than a selected cut-off frequency and attenuates signals with frequencies higher than the cut-off frequency. The exact frequency response of the filter depends on the filter design. The filter is sometimes called a high-cut filter, or treble-cut filter in audio applications. A low-pass filter is the complement of a high-pass filter.
For more information just check Passive Low-Pass Filter
Note: If you want to plan to imply this 4558 ic circuit for bass and treble both, then this is not the right circuit. It only gives bass as its output.
Must Read LM386 Audio Amplifier
4558 IC Pinout
4558 IC Pin Configuration
|1||OUT1||1 no. output pin|
|2||IN1-||1 no. inverting input pin|
|3||IN1+||1 no. non-inverting pin|
|4||GND||ground pin of op-amp|
|5||IN2+||2 no. non-inverting pin|
|6||IN2-||2 no. inverting input pin|
|7||OUT2||2 no. output pin|
|8||VCC||Positive power supply|
Features and Characteristics of 4558 IC
- Two individually operated op-amps
- Low noise interference among op-amps
- Continuous Short-Circuit Protection
- No frequency Compensation Required
- No latch-up
- Large common mode and differential voltage range
- Gain and phase match between amplifiers
- Low noise input transistors
- Moisture Sensitivity Level 3
- Parameter tracking over a temperature range
- CMRR (Common-Mode Rejection Ratio): 80dB
- Single Supply Operation: +5.0 V to +15 V
- Dual Supply Operation: +15V and -15V
- Operating temperature: 0ºC to 70ºC
- Total power dissipation: 200mW
For more about 4558 IC check out LM4558 Dual Op-Amp
- 4558 IC
- 0.1uF/100V Capacitor
- 1uF/25V Capacitor
- 10KΩ Resistor
- 22KΩ Resistor
- 100KΩ Resistor
- 470Ω Resistor
- 12V Power Supply
For implementing this circuit to a high-frequency audio amplifier, then a TDA2030 amplifier is the best DIY TDA2030 Audio Amplifier.